Tuesday 5 January 2010

Day 1 - Lunch: Vending Machine Stereotypes


Homemade Salad with Cottage Cheese - No Really, see the lovely picture

Handful of Grapes - Both red and green, how very diverse of me

Tescos Low Fat Strawberry Yogurt - Worryingly this contains Rice Starch and Beetroot Juice from Concentrate!

Diet Coke - A necessary evil

I was all ready to celebrate the momentous occasion of having managed to eat sensibly for two consecutive meals by indulging in a diet coke so off I plodded to the scene of so many of my failings, the office vending machine. I had my 50p piece ready and proudly inserted this into the machine knowing that whilst diet coke wasn't exactly natures finest it was certainly better than a bounty or a packet of crisps. Alas - my shiny silver hexagon would not be accepted and whilst I scrambled to find some alternate currency someone else sneaked into the coffee area and looked over to see me scrambling for coins at the vending machine. With a knowing glance they nodded and picked up their drink and wandered out secretly feeling sorry for me and my chocolate grabbing ways. Having by this point obtained my cursed beverage I was sorely tempted to run them down, sit on them, proudly display my diet coke and explain that I wasn't indeed buying chocolate or crisps or even full fat coke however this would probably be considered "inappropriate office behaviour" and therefore I trudged back to my desk crestfallen.

Just finished the yogurt which thankfully didnt taste of Beetroot or Rice or strangely enough Strawberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment